About me- I, me, mine & myself

My photo
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
The title explains my true self- a solitary reaper who likes to live in her own world. I think I should have a second man's eye to give a fine description about me. Well now Priya Manoj as a second man says that she is an individualistic person with the merge of simplicity. This blog is not only gonna be filled with my own experiences but something more than that. I always like to see a difference in everything, a diversified way of projecting things creates an identity. I just wanna be innovative. To be perky & precise, this blog will converse my vibrant thoughts and extravagant emotions.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

An episode has come to an end


I dedicate this article to my dear paati(grand mother) late. Mrs. Janaki Parthasarathy.

My days with my granny were erratic but on the whole it was really cherishing. She had a great care as well as a great consternation on me. Right from my birth I have been with her, she stayed close to my house and almost every day I go and see her. She used to call me as chellamma with a feeble tone and the way she called me delivered her true love. I was her first grand daughter and she was proud of me because I was neither mischievous nor I played pranks on anyone.

She was more than a friend to me and she was so flexible enough to accept the contemporary trend and our ideas. She was a strict disciplinarian and she portrayed herself as a tough authoritarian but after my marriage she dint even spell a word on me. She was a loyal and an unbiased person and judge things so carefully. She maintained her relationship so well among everyone that is why she is been liked by everybody even now. I wonder so many things in her, she was an uneducated person but she performed like a professional. She did things so professionally and had an affluent stroke in it.

She was an amazing homemaker. She was neither a spend thrift nor a miser. She used to do festivals and functions in an ostentatious manner with low budget. She had a rich flavor in accomplishing things and she presents her skill in any form so magnificently.

As far as I know about her history she has suffered a lot all over her life but she is not an optimistic person. She feared a lot on the contrary she was a valiant female and faced great challenges in life. She was so pious and god fearing but she never imposed her beliefs to her children or her grand children. She cheers each n every talent in a child. She was very punctual and she was a perfectionist and she expected the same from her generations. My god I had worst days in molding myself with her. She was a very good trainer.

She was a hard worker and a graceful person. I have never seen her resting in a place for more than 5 minutes. A day came where all our glee took a pause, it was the day when report came diagnosing as cancer, such a horrible day it was. It happened in the month of January, all of us were worried except her. She was least bothered about it. It was a great struggle for her. She took everything positively and co operated for all her treatments. Still she suffered every now n then. Finally on Sep 29th 2009 god saved her from this perilous disease. She permanently rested in peace.

After her death when we saw her write ups and letters for us we were flabbergasted. She has completely roofed about the unity among the family and she insisted us to pursue the same. She is still with us guiding us to the path of perfection.

I’m fortunate to be her granddaughter.






6 comments:

  1. I think the paati pethi relationship is something more than you can express in words! nothing like it and especially when paati's possessions come to the pethi, like her wedding jewellery or sarees! its all so cherish-able!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its very gud very touching it

    ReplyDelete
  3. :(..ya Jaanaki paati was really a very nice paati..no problem her grandchildren are really having her today also..in their heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still cant come to terms that my Amma is no more.....miss her a lotttttttttttttttttttt.... even though this end has been a blessing for her suffering due to cancer.....am totally clueless on what to say. Trying my best to live with reality. Hope Amma is fine with my younger brother and Athimber who are also no more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priyanka: Thank u so much for ur comments.

    Deva: U have written da exact words from my heart,I miss her in each n every second of my life. I don't know what to write more than this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @kavya and jaya: thank u so much for ur comments

    ReplyDelete